Happy Halloween everyone!!! Although for me it feels more like April Fools... I have been increasing my activity and work outs and decreasing my portion sizes and amounts of Junk Food. And sadly I have not lost any of the weight I gained back. Good news is that I haven't gained any more.
After doing some research is appears that there have been studies associated with Antibiotics and weight gain. Basically there are these healthy proteins and bacteria in your digestive system which help our metabolism that are affected by the antibiotics. Since my sinus surgery I have been on 4 different kinds of antibiotics. So my plan...
Probiotics! I'll start introducing some probiotics live cultures in my diet to see if that will help supplement the effects of the medications. Wish me luck. I'll keep you all posted. Just remember: We ALL hit road blocks and slippery slopes on our path to healthy living. The key isn't to dwell on what went wrong - Change what you need to and can, then move forward. Every minute is a new start!
Here are some links to articles on the effects of antibiotics:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=antibiotics-linked-weight-gain-mice
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-problems-with-antibiotics-they-kill-the-good-guys-and-make-you-fat/#axzz2jMl1qmTH
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullman/do-antibiotics-make-peopl_b_491808.html
I would be very interested in any other information any of you find on this matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment