So anyone that has known me knows that I have always been a pretty busy person. Always running to something, a rehearsal, work, sports or with kids. Even with all that activity I have battled with being overweight. My "freshman 15" was more like a freshmen 25. However I didn't let it get me down. I stayed active. :) I was married in '98 and in 2003 I had my 1st baby. My 2nd child followed just 18 months later. As most mothers know I then put myself on the back burner and focused all my attention on my husband and children.
In 2006 I decided it was time to start looking after myself again. Then a size 16 I tried multiple diets & exercise programs until I found on right for me. Lucky for me I found a exercise & diet partner in my co-worker and made it down to a size 8 by the beginning of 2007! Sadly during that year my life took many turns that started a downward (or should I say upward?) spiral with my weight. I had started school again after a 7 year brake working on my degree in theater, my father passed away and I went through a divorce.
I am happy to announce that by the end of that year I had found the amazing man I am married to today but the damage was already done. My size 8 was already back up to a 12. Needless to say after 5 years of life and 2 more children (2010 & 2012) I am back at my size 16.
I am now a nutrition/diet coach at Curves in Wyoming, MN, Zumba instructor & Mary Kay Consultant. I have learned that it is just as important for us women to take care of and feel good about ourselves as our families. I love watching the women I work with reach their goals & their self esteem improve.
That is why I am writing this blog. Not just to make myself accountable to exercise & follow a healthy diet, but to hopefully give some good incites to why our bodies keep on the weight, exercises that can help and watching a normal woman without a personal chef & trainer keep them on track. I am sure I will fall off the wagon some days to weeks or hit plateaus, however I am hoping you will stick with me and help celebrate with me when I hit my goal of being a size 8 again.
THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT!!!
***I have on request: PLEASE keep comments POSITIVE. I don't mind constructive criticism and suggestions, however I will be sharing things that I am already self conscious and unhappy about. Just think about how you would react your comments if someone said them to and about you.***
No comments:
Post a Comment